We get this question a lot from troubled homeowners, especially this time of the year when the weather conditions are getting colder.
As you prepare to keep warm for the cold months, wild animals such as raccoons are doing the same.
And, if you stay in Tampa, FL, and the surrounding areas, these animals will most likely take refuge in your home in the harsh winter months.
Plus, because they are always hungry, some of them may choose to stay in your property for as long as there’s food. Clearly, nobody likes an overstaying visitor, much less a dangerous one.
So, what do you do when they’ve taken residence in your home?
First, it’s important to note that though raccoons appear cute, they can be extremely dangerous, plus raccoon disturbance is no small joke:
- They can tear up your trash bags leaving your yard all littered up
- They make noises at night, causing you your sleep
- They also carry diseases such as rabies
- They eat absolutely anything, from garden food, food from trash cans to wires
- In addition, they dig up large holes, leaving your yard looking ugly
That is why it is essential to call wildlife removal services as soon as you spot these critters in your home.
Tips to keeping your home raccoon-free
Keeping raccoons away from your home is practically possible:
- Keep a clean space; like most critters, raccoons like dingy, unhygienic places, so try to keep every part of your home clean.
- Secure your garbage; raccoons can never resist trash, meaning trash lying around does not help in keeping these animals away from your space.
- Don’t leave pet food outside and empty your trash cans more often.
Along with these tips, you can use the help of a professional if you need to remove such critters from your home.
Professional Wildlife Removal Experts in Tampa, Fl
Contact BuxMont-Wildlife-Trapping if an unwanted critter enters your property; we’ll take care of the problem safely and effectively.